Thursday, April 14, 2011

April Showers.......

 I am so thankful to be a part of Fast Track NJ. If you're not familiar with Fast Track, check out the website,  here.  According to the site, They are communities of like-minded photographers who embrace the Fast Track Philosophy that we grow best as photographers (and as people) by helping and supporting each other. Because of this, we sometimes call these groups “FEO”s, which stands for: “For Each Other”. Groups are not led, they are facilitated. Our Groups are participatory  - so we are more like potlucks – everyone walks through the door with something to share with others.

The very talented Feuza Reis and Katie McKnight facilitated this amazing shootout which brought photographers, talented make-up artists and hair stylists, and models from Manhattan to PA over to Laurie House in Princeton. The Laurie House graciously gave over 30 photographers run of their beautiful Bed and Breakfast this past Tuesday.

In retrospect, I wish I had taken more behind-the-scenes images, but here are some of the talented folks who were there.



We were broken up into several groups, and each group had a faciliator. Each group took a turn shooting the models. The passing rain had us switching from the grounds outside to the guestrooms inside. At times we were running in the rain with our gear under our coats! The dark sky did not lend bright light into the inn, so we improvised with flash, windows and in some cases....recessed lights. Everyone took turns posing the models and encouraging one another, as we crammed into guest rooms and took aim with our cameras at the different models.

We are each required to provide 30 of our best images to the group. There are some extremely talented people in this group. I don't shoot weddings, but I was happy for the portrait experience, meeting new people, and having fun! My edits are finally finished and I hope my fellow photographers like my work {fingers crossed}. These will be my submissions to the group gallery.













































I am very excited for the next shootout! There is talk of one on the beach and maybe one in NYC. Thanks again to everyone for making my first shootout such a cool experience!

4 comments:

Christopher Barth said...

Great work Dana! I'm surprised you're not shooting weddings.

Anonymous said...

Awe thanks Chris! Looking at the other photogs' images, I don't know....there's some great work out there. I hope I kept pace!

Feuza said...

Dana so nice meeting, these are awesome shots! thanks for the lovely post

Anonymous said...

Thanks Feuza!

Post a Comment