Thursday, January 13, 2011

Winter Beautiful: Kenneth Libbrecht's Snowflake Images

I will be the first one to admit that I am not a "winter person".  I am usually somewhere warm right now, whether it's Florida, Costa Rica, New Orleans, Mexico, or South Africa (all places I have been in January). I adore the spring when everything comes alive again and I relish the warmth and light of the summer sun, even on the "hot" days. I don't know why, really. Maybe it's because I don't burn easily, or maybe it's because my ancestors are from southern Italy, or maybe it's because I am the biggest baby when I am cold (Right now I'm wearing UnderArmour under my sweater.... and LL Bean socks ....indoors.... and I am still chilly right now). I digress......

I am in awe of Mother Nature when I see these amazing images of snowflakes. "The[se] were captured by Kenneth G. Libbrecht using a specially designed snowflake photomicroscope." (snowcrystals.com) Check it out. Be inspired.


http://www.its.caltech.edu/~atomic/snowcrystals/photos/photos.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment